“It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.”
“Discipline is remembering what you want.”
“Many of life's circumstances are created by three basic choices: the disciplines you choose to keep, the people you choose to be with; and, the laws you choose to obey”
I took some sort of self assessment a few years ago and scored the highest on discipline and compassion. These days...I'm not quite sure were this once ever present discipline went. I am sure it is hiding somewhere, but I'm not sure where.
I hate fighting this daily battle within myself: Doing Enough vs. Not Doing Enough
How do you know?
Lately, I don't feel as if I am doing 'enough.' But I know I am doing a lot. Maybe I am just not doing the right things...or the things I want to be doing; building relationships, establishing roots, growing in my relationship with Jesus, reading his word.
4.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment